Building energy data scientist and control engineer
Does sustainable energy trigger your interest? Do you have experience with data science and research combined with a commercial interest?
We are expanding our team and, in this regard, we are looking for the right candidates to support both our operations and the green transition, by developing and delivering energy savings, flexibility and thermal comfort in buildings. We are looking for passionate candidates, who want to support our development both on leading-edge research and commercial projects.
This job description covers a number of areas, which are of interest in the context of our growth. We therefore do not expect the successful candidates to be experts in each area, but rather to contribute on areas, which match your expertise and aspirations for personal development.
Key focus areas and tasks
We are looking for candidates to strengthen our team within intelligent controller development and data analytics. You will be working with large amount of sensor data from buildings to analyse performance and design local or cloud based controllers for more effective energy consumption in buildings. In order to succeed you will be working closely with stakeholders within our organization as well as customers and external project partners. Therefore, you will manage communication with internal sales and operation as well as externally with current and prospective customers.
Neogrid is a company with diverse operations and a focus on innovation. Therefore, the tasks will be varied and multidimensional, with opportunities to learn and grow your profile.
Development of intelligent controller and data analytics:
- Controller development for heating, cooling and ventilation in buildings (model predictive control)
- Development of automated analytics solution for performance monitoring and fault detection
- Data-driven building operation
Besides technical skills, the following project management skills are appreciated:
- Supporting coordination of research projects (nationally and at EU level) both internally and with partners
- Supporting management of commercial projects
- Contact with stakeholders, customers and partners
Appreciated skills and qualifications
You probably have a master degree or a Ph.D. within data analysis, control, energy, buildings, or applied statistics. Ideally, you have experience with multiple of the following tasks, but we do not expect you to have experience within each area.
- Extensive experience with Python
- Knowledge about Git, Docker, Kubernetes and DevOps tools
- Experience with developing data visualisation
- Experience with web-service operation and scalable cloud environments
- Knowledge about Linux environment
- Experience with implementing network-based control
- Experience with development and implementation of model predictive control
- Practical experience of system identification in buildings
Domain knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge about and experience with the building sector and building systems (HVAC and BMS)
- Knowledge and experience within the energy sector
- Experience with research and demonstration projects
- Experience with commercial environments, product development and service delivery
To be successful in this position, you should be able to handle customer relation and contact, both in regard to research projects and commercial projects. You have a structured way of working and you are a good communicator.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work both alone and in collaboration with a team
- You have the ability to handle occasional work under pressure
- You are curious, willing to learn, grow new skills and reach out to others
- Willing to work in a flexible, dynamic, complex and informal working environment
- English at a professional level (both written and spoken). Danish at a professional level is appreciated but not necessary
- You are a sustainability-enthusiast with an attention to the bigger picture
We offer you a challenging job with excellent professional and personal development opportunities. We are a relatively young company with a strong entrepreneurial culture, where you have the opportunity to have an impact on both the organization, your tasks and your own work, inside the scope of our duties. You can expect to join a great team, with highly motivated and skilled colleagues and an informal working environment. Furthermore, we offer a flexible work environment, with the option to work from home and practicing freedom with responsibility.
Neogrid Technologies was established in 2011 to commercialize the knowledge gained through participation in a number of research and demonstration projects. Based on scientifically sound methods and state of the art technologies, we develop intelligent visualization, control and monitoring technologies that support energy efficiency, flexibility and comfort in buildings.
Application and additional information
The employments are full-time positions.
We want the positions filled as soon as possible.
For additional information about the positions please contact R&D scientist Pierre Vogler-Finck +45 4280 0898 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your motivation letter and resume and diploma in PDF- format to email@example.com as soon as possible. We review applications on an ongoing basis and close the position once we have found the right candidates.
We look forward to hearing from you